Tuesday, August 26, 2008

God Just Smacked Me

ok, listen to this crazy story. so, like the religious nerd i am i went to mass tonight. on campus they have mass in different chapels at 10pm. it was cool, one of my sophomore mentors invited me and i was really excited. so we are in the chapel and it was packed. like we were sitting on top of each other. and so for intentions we said our prayers out loud. someone behind me prays "for judy melville who is battling lymphoma." i freak out inside because i went to world youth day with a tori melville who's mom was diagnosed with cancer. so at the sign of peace i turn around and all awkwardly go "did someone here pray for judy melville" and i find out that it is in fact the same person i was thinking of and tori had been a leader on this girl's, bridget, kairos!!!

but thats not all.

right after that was the Lamb of God. and what do they start singing, but the Lamb of God we sang at WYD Koln (megan, i know you know what im talking about: the echo one!!) but the thing with that Lamb of God was that me and megan were OBSESSED with it after WYD and even after scouring the internet could not find music for it. all we could do was sing it a cappella, which wouldnt have worked in church. so we kinda had to give it up. i heard them start singing it and i was smiling so wide i could barely sing. not kidding. i cant even explain what i was feeling. it was absolutely incredible.

sometimes i think God likes to have a little fun and smack you really hard across the head just to see the stunned look on your face.

and to let you know He's always there for you.

at least, that's what i think He's trying to tell me. i'm not really sure what His message was quite yet.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Holy crap.

Holy.

Crap.

holycrap.

Wow. That's the coolest story. And it makes me not so sad. About the fact that you are half a country away from me. I like when God smacks us. I wish He'd smack me now. That'd be cool. But He never does it when you expect it. Probably because, as you said, He likes to see the stunned looks on our faces.

Oh I love you. And I miss you. And your story gave me shivers. And you should go find that music and steal it so that we can sing it in the summer when we're home.

Zwvooski said...

hey sush. just popping in to say that i miss you... like loads. not kidding. it's incredibly hard trying to live without you and megan and everyone else. but i took my jar of happiness with me, and it helps a bit.

but anyways... to get to the point, just read this entry and it made me tear up, because honestly, I haven't felt God in my life for the past couple months and it's driving me crazy trying to figure things out. I mean, you have no idea about all the questions I've been asking myself and all the things I've been denying, and the list goes on. this entry made me smile because I was thinking about you and all the things that I connect with you... like the happy jar, the story bracelets, choir, lunch, the color green, your hair and your smile and your voice... basically, I miss you. and love you - but that's a given. : )